Crispy cubes in pita bread with Greek salad, rucola and yoghurt-lemon-sauce
Makes: 2 servings
Difficulty level: medium
Prep time: approx. 180 minutes
For 2 pita breads
- 250 g wheat flour, type 405, plus some flour to roll out the dough
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 7 g fresh yeast
- 2 g sugar
- 15 ml olive oil
- 5 g sea salt
For the filling
- 1 pack BOLD FOODS ‘The Big R’ (2 Patties)
- 1 small white onion (peeled)
- 1 small bunch parsley (washed, without stems)
- 1 small bunch of mint (washed, without stems)
- 10 large olives (without pit)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g cucumber (peeled)
- 125 g feta
- 50 g rucola (washed)
- 100 g yoghurt
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Zest of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Medium bowl
- Cooking spoon or dough scraper
- Rolling pin
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Wet tea towel
- Small casserole dish
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Small saucepan
- Small bowl
Here we go:
Preparation Pita bread:
1. Mix water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and leave it standing for ten minutes.
2. Add flour and mix everything well.
3. Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rise in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes until the flour has absorbed all the liquid.
4. Next, add olive oil and salt and knead carefully until the dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Now put the dough back into the bowl, cover again and leave it to rise in a warm place for another 60 minutes.
6. In the next step cut the dough in half and form two dough circles with a diameter of about 20 centimetre with a little flour and the rolling pin.
7. Place the pita doughs on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and leave it to rise for 15 minutes covered with a damp tea towel.
8. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and place the casserole dish filled with hot water on the bottom of the oven. The evaporating water prevents the bread from drying on the outside and forming a crust.
9. Now remove the tea towel and place the baking tray in the middle of the oven, bake for 7 minutes, then turn the pita breads around bake for another7 minutes.
10. Finally take out the pita breads and let them cool.
Preparation, filling and serving:
1. Take ‘the Big R’ Patties out of the freezer and let them defrost.
2. Cut half onion and cut it into large slices. Halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the cucumber into large pieces.
3. Then cut the olives and feta into large pieces.
4. In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
5. Now cut ‘The Big R’ Patties into coarse cubes and fry them in the pan with some olive oil on all sides until the cubes are crispy on the outside.
6. Now cut the pita bread in half and carefully cut a bag into it to enable filling the bread.
7. Now the dish is ready to serve. Therefore, put all prepared ingredients alternately in the pita bread and garnish with some freshly ground black pepper.
Enjoy your meal! You can find more creative recipes with our patties here on our blog.