Panko-Thyme-Schnitzel with Bean-Corn-Rice, Avocado-Cream and Jalapeños
Makes: 2 servings
Difficulty level: medium
Prep time: approx. 35 minutes
- 1 package BOLD FOODS ‘The Big T’ (2 Patties)
- 1 egg
- Panko flour
- 5 - 7 sprigs fresh thyme (alternatively 2 tsp dried thyme)
- 300 ml rapeseed oil
- 50 g flour
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1/4 peeled clove of garlic
- 80 g rice
- 65 g canned corn
- 65 g canned kidney beans
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 5 - 7 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 green jalapeño pepper
- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Small saucepan
- Hand blender & container
- Small bowl
- 3 soup plates
- A skimmer
- Kitchen paper
- Optional a serving ring for presenting
Here we go:
1. Take The big T Patties out of the freezer and defrost them.
2. Wash the rice and cook it in a small saucepan.
3. While the rice is cooking, remove the thyme and coriander from the stalks and chop coarsely. Put some leaves on the side for decoration.
4. Next, wash the jalapeño pepper and cut it into fine rings.
5. Now put the vinegar and some salt in the small bowl, add the jalapeño rings and mix.
6. Peel the avocado and remove the core and add it together with the lime juice and garlic into the blender jar.
7. Next, add flour, panko flour and egg to each of the three soup plates. Whisk the egg with a fork and add a little bit of salt.
8. Finally, add the rapeseed oil into the medium saucepan and slowly heat it to 170 degrees Celsius.
9. Mix the avocado, garlic and lime juice with the blender to a fine cream and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Then add corn, beans, paprika powder, and chopped coriander to the rice, and mix everything and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
11. Next, add The Big T Patties first to the flour, then let them immerse thoroughly in the egg and finally coat them in the Panko flour.
12. Now, carefully add the breaded patties to the hot oil with a skimmer and fry until the breading is golden brown. Remove the schnitzel with the skimmer and let it drip on some kitchen paper.
13. Spread the avocado cream on two plates with a swing, add the rice, if available, with the help of a serving ring and place The Big T schnitzel diagonally on top. Finally, garnish with coriander leaves, pickled jalapeño rings, a little olive oil and freshly ground pepper.